Amy Rizzotto, Owner and Founder of MOARfit, is a studio owner, yoga instructor (E-RYT, MYT-30, Rocket Yoga-50, Budokon Yoga-30), certified nutrition coach, health blogger and wellness entrepreneur. Amy has always had a knack for business and passion for work-life balance. A yogi for 12 years and outdoor exercise enthusiast all her life, Amy turned her healthy hobbies into a full-time career in January 2015 after a close a decade in international development, global philanthropy and fundraising.
In August 2014, Amy was featured as the sole Health Expert for The Sunday Brunch on TLC. Her healthy cooking and yoga segments aired nationally and can be found under the Media tab label “Videos.” She was also featured in the Washington Post Express for DC Yoga Week 2014 and her popular Detox to Retox: Yoga and Beer Tasting events at Hellbender Brewing Company. Most recently, Amy acted as the host in a series of Fiber Choice Immunity Support Gummies commercials, airing in US and Canadian markets. Check out fiberchoicechallenge.com and click play to see her in action. She is a Reebok ONE and LifeFuels™ Ambassador.
Amy incorporates many styles into her creative classes and one-on-ones, including Power Vinyasa, Yoga for Athletes, Rocket Yoga, Mindful Yoga Therapy and Budokon. Students can expect powerful and therapeutic poses linked thoughtfully in sequences designed to strengthen the body, steady the mind and uplift the spirit.
As a nutrition coach, personal chef and yoga instructor, Amy is dedicated to creating a synergy of movement, awakened eating, and mindfulness for total wellness. Her ultimate goal is to inspire and equip people to discover their own unique path to long-term mind-body health and happiness.
Certifications & Experience:
- Yoga Alliance E-RYT 200 Teacher Certification in Power Vinyasa Yoga: Stroga, Washington, DC
- 200-Hour Budokon Yoga Teacher Training: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
- Sports Nutrition and Wellness Professional Certification: Washington State University
- Peak Pilates® Certification in Pilates Reformer: YMCA Anthony Bowen, Washington, DC
- Mindful Yoga Therapy for PTS(D) Training, Give Back Yoga Foundation: Washington, DC
- 50-Hour Rocket Yoga Teacher Certification: David Kyle Yoga, Washington, DC
- More than 1200 hours teaching experience in studio classes, corporate yoga, private and couples yoga, workshops and fitness event settings