With all the yummy fresh strawberries I’ve been receiving in my weekly From the Farmer basket, I couldn’t resist making a Strawberry Balsamic Tart. This sweet and savory treat is perfect for a summer night and easy to transport to a friend’s BBQ as long as you leave it in the pan. It’s on the healthier side of dessert so feel free to indulge guilt-free or perhaps break the rules and have it for breakfast!
Gluten Free Strawberry Balsamic Tart
What You’ll Need:
- 1 recipe of Gluten Free Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp raw (or lavender-infused…) honey
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (washed, hulled and sliced) – or about 2 cups sliced
- 5-10 mint leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Add balsamic to a saucepan and cook over medium heat until reduced by about half. Let cool and it should form into a nice syrup or “reduction.”
- Melt honey and add to the balsamic reduction. Stir to combine.
- Roll pie crust thin between two sheets of parchment paper. This doesn’t have to be perfect as you’ll press it into your pie dish or tart pan. Make sure you get all the way up to the edges and rim of the pan and spread the dough around evenly.
- In a large bowl, mix cut strawberries and balsamic/honey mix. Spread mixture evenly inside crust.
- Bake for 25-30 min or until the crust edges turn a nice golden brown. Remove and let cool 10-30 min.
- Cut up mint leaves and sprinkle on top. Serve on its own or with a rounded scoop of vanilla ice cream or coconut sorbet.