Sweet and smoky. Tangy and herbal. Light and rich. My Meyer Lemon, Pomegranate and Cumin Dressing takes kale salad to another level. I know, sometimes I’m not so humble. Seriously though, my dear friend Jeanine can attest that this salad dressing is all those things and then some. Add a handful of pistachios and dried cherries to the mix and you have a healthy side dish for all your summer meals and an easy contribution to any cookout.
If you read last week’s post (Pomegranate Power Bites), you probably already picked up that I’m on a pomegranate molasses kick. How could I not be? The stuff is packed with the powerful immune system-boosting antioxidant, vitamin C. It also contains several B vitamins which help your body produce energy and maintain healthy muscular, cardiovascular and nervous system function. It’s also super flavorful so a little goes a long way!
KALE SALAD WITH MEYER LEMON, POMEGRANATE AND CUMIN DRESSING
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 Meyer lemon
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbs pomegranate molasses
- 1 Tbs cumin
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 fresh basil leaves
For the salad:
- 6 cups kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted, unsalted pistachios
- 1/4 cup unsulphured tart cherries
- Dress 6 cups (or heaping handfuls) of chopped kale with 2/3 of the dressing – set the rest aside for serving.
- Massage the kale leaves for a minute then cover and refrigerate for at least one hour (and up to 24).
- When ready to serve, add in the pistachios and dried cherries. Add what remains of the dressing to taste.