Well, after nearly four months of training (with one month off for injury), the time has finally come! I’ll be running my very first race this Sunday, more specifically, the 2nd Annual Nike Women’s Half Marathon in Washington, D.C. to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. If you want to track me as I hit the pavement on this awesome course, my bib number is #3553.
I’ve really enjoyed training for this half and am so grateful because it helped me discover a love for running. I am feeling ready and super excited to be part of this awesome SHE-power event. My mantra while running will be “I am strong. I am healthy. I am brave” – and of course, say it with me: #WeRunDC!
Looking for some Pre-Race Reading? Here are some of my favorite fitness and nutrition resources for Pre-Race Prep:
- Race Nutrition Tips from the Running Shoes Guru
- Mineral Supplements that could give you a Performance Edge from Running Shoes Guru (try BEFORE race day!)
- 4 Tips for a Stress-Free Race Day from FitSugar
- 7 Pre-Race Planning Tips from Active.com
- Another 10 Pre-Race Planning Tips from Active.com
- Creating the Perfect Pre-Race Meal from Active.com
- Pre-Race Dynamic Warm-Up from Active.com
- Pre-Race Meal Plans for Every Distance from Women’s Running
If you like these resources and are ready to devour some MOAR, follow me on Pinterest.
READY TO RUN!