Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad w/ Pine Nuts
- 12-15 brussels sprouts, shredded (yield 6 cups)
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
1. Using mandoline, shred brussels sprouts 1/8″ thick–yield should be approximately 6 cups. Place shredded brussels sprouts in a large colander and wash thoroughly.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Toss pine nuts in olive oil and salt and spread on a small baking sheet. Bake in pre-heated oven for ~5 min, checking frequently to be sure they don’t burn.
3. In a large bowl, combine shredded brussels sprouts, toasted pine nuts and lemon vinaigrette (recipe below), massaging the ingredients to thoroughly coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs minced shallot
- 1 tbs corse Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
1.Combine all ingredients in a small glass bowl. Whisk vigorously to combine.